Thursday, November 4, 2010

SFU Surrey

I went to the SFU Surrey Campus on Wednesday, November 3, 2010.
I chose this school because it was one of the two options that offered Engineering classes. 
Entrance into the programme that I want requires at least a 75% GPA, English 11, Language 11, Science 11, Principles of Math 11, English 12, Principles of Math 12, Chemistry 12, and Physics 12.
It would take about 4 years to get my Bachelors Degree in Engineering, and up to another six for a Masters/ Doctorate.
I might be able to get jobs in the engineering field, such as an aerospace engineer.
It might be possible for me to get Student Loans, and there are two Scholarships in place for me already.
I was most surprised about the size of the school, the fact it is on top of a mall, and that I’ve been there several times and not noticed the giant SFU sign.
http://www.surrey.sfu.ca/ has all sorts of information on classes, requirements and general life at SFU Surrey campus.
The most important part of the day for me was learning that they include aerospace engineering programs, and are not too far away.
The Campus itself was beautiful, but only a mere hour of my entire day was spent there.  The rest of the time I was waiting for the bus, and walking around the mall underneath the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment